After many months of careful development we’re happy to announce three major updates to Zemanta that we believe will revolutionize how you write your emails as well as provide major upgrade to our service.
We’re happy to offer important upgrade to our widget – support for rich objects. This means that it is now possible to directly insert YouTube videos and Google Maps as interactive objects into your blog post. Zemanta automatically recognizes when there is rich media to insert and makes it available inside existing gallery.
At the time support is limited to self hosted WordPress.org 2.5 and greater and Blogger.com. We’re working on adding support for other platforms.
Zemanta for Email
One of the top requests we’ve been getting is support for Zemanta while writing emails. Number of mails we write daily surely dwarfs number of blog posts. In these cases it would often be useful to have an easy way to link some of the terms, insert images that would enrich our message or even just attach articles for further reading.
So, what is it useful for?
- Individualized personal “postcards” as you can easily add images from your Flickr collection or from others.
- Persuasive professional introductions with easy addition of personal images and links to social networks.
- Informative report-style interface with links to other points on Internet for further reading.
These are just some of the use cases we’ve discovered and we’re confident that you’ll share your success stories with us as you start to use it!
With new content verticals we’re further increasing our expertise in specific domains. To our existing 12 different databases we added following additions today:
- Wine: Snooth.com integration – wine search page for wineries and general
wine terms (grape, wine varieties, etc.). Wine bottle label images
for wineries are also included.
- Music: Last.fm links to artist and album pages along with artist imagery.
- Movies: Amazon.com links and covers for DVDs together with affiliate support.
As always, all the updates will be delivered for you automatically. If you’re using Firefox Extension, ensure that it’s updated to latest version 0.5.4 for best performance.