Bloggers have an incredible amount of power to change the world with their voices. That is why we started working with Social Actions last month and developed a tool that suggests ways to change the world while blogging. In recognition of this effort, we were awarded 2nd prize in the Change The Web competition.
Paying it forward
The prize comes with $3000 in prize money that we decided to donate to the charitable causes that our blogging community loves the most. Our friends at Social Innovation Greenhouse @ Weber Shandwick have graciously stepped forward to match our $3000 pledge. This means that we’ll be donating (at least) $6000 USD to some very worthy causes.
How your voice can make a difference
- Blog about your favorite non-profit and why their work makes a difference.
- Paste this text and link to the end of your post. Without this text and link, we will be unable to track and credit your charitable cause as part of this campaign:
This blog post is part of Zemanta's "<a href="http://www.zemanta.com/bloggingforacause/">Blogging For a Cause</a>" campaign to raise awareness and funds for worthy causes that bloggers care about.
- Publish your post!!
- Then go tell your friends to do the same!
The 5 non-profit organizations that get the most bloggers to endorse them will get the donations. You can write about as many non-profits as you want, but we’ll count each one only once per blog post – so make sure you spread the news about this effort to your friends!
You have until the end of the day on the 6th of June (Midnight GMT) to Blog For A Cause. So, hop to it!
Make sure to visit our Blogging for a cause page to learn more.
Zemanta is now optimized to blog about your causes
We updated Zemanta in a few ways to help your blogging:
- We now recommend causes from over 50 sources that Social Actions aggregates.
- We updated the initial screen with causes to give you a dose of inspiration.
Now go blog and let your friends know about it.