Just before the summer heat kicks in we are releasing a refresh of our services, fixing some legacy issues and expanding our reach to four new platforms: Drupal, MySpace, Tumblr and Ning. We also upgraded Reblog and generally improved stability and responsiveness.
By popular demand weâ€™ve expanded the platform support with first non-traditional blogging platforms. Bloggers using Drupal, MySpace, Tumblr and Ning can now leverage our service as well. This adds up to 9 major supported platforms.
This is a significant development, since most of us use more than just one of these platforms. Chances are you are using Drupal for work, Ning for a side project and Myspace for private stuff. Zemanta will be available to you whenever you need it with just one install!
Drupal – now you can enhance all of your content. We support all of the content writing screens. We have both Drupal Zemanta plugin and a Browser extension support.
MySpace – you can enhance your MySpace blogs.
Ning – blogs are now supported. Since there is no graphical editor for Ning, it’s a bit more of text as the other platforms.
Tumblr – we support enhancing of Text tumbls.
This release features greatly improved reblog service. We’ve simplified it so you can create rich quote-based posts with just a few clicks.
The reblog button also has two new features: firstly it’s a brand new design that should look nice on most of blog themes, and secondly reblog now works correctly also for feed-readers (e.g. Google Reader, Bloglines, etc.).
New reblog buttons
- Zemanta widget is now much faster on all platforms.
- Related articles don’t have [via Zemanta] text anymore.
- Plugins for MovableType and WordPress got updated to not clash with installed Browser add-on anymore
- Both Firefox and Internet Explorer add-ons are upgraded for improved performance and stability, and to better support new platforms
- Link detection got an upgrade
- Picture search should find less false positives now (40% error rate reduction for those who care about such benchmarks